Once again I’ve decided to blog. I rather enjoyed blogging about novel writing and was happy to share the experience but I know that writing is not everyone’s cup of tea. Most of my friends do not spend hours reading and writing and following my travels through literary land probably got a wee bit boring for most. I know, it is my thing and you all care about it, but don’t necessarily want to share in the boring details. I can handle that. However, there is a place everyone needs to go.
If you’ve ever encountered me in a working environment or checked my status on Facebook you know I love positive quotes. Although some think it is hokey or silly or they just don’t care for the positive vibes, overall I would say that people appreciate them. On New Year’s Day an old client from my former job came into my present job and asked to see me. The first thing she said was “I have one of your quotes! I’m so glad you are still doing this.” The “doing this” is printing off quotes, cutting them into little strips and giving them to anyone who will take them. It doesn’t seem like much and really, it is not but then again, maybe it is.
Everyday I ask people how they are doing and I really want to hear the truth. Unfortunately, too many times I hear grumbles and moans and sighs. Hey, I am not saying that not so great things never happen to me because they absolutely do. In fact, there have been a few times I have taken a moment to say, “Really???? Can this really be happening to ME?” I am not passing judgment; we’ve all been there. However, some of us are there all of the time and quite frankly, its old folks. As long as you are drawing breath, you’ve got a whole hell of a lot to be thankful for. Circumstances can be changed if you want something different, go out there and get it.
So here is what this blog is going to be about. Most days, hopefully everyday, I am going to post a quote, some happy story or inspirational tale to help keep spirits high. There is so much good in the world. I want everyone to know that. You will find out exactly how much every time you come to the Happiest Place on Earth. Gratitude is the best attitude.
Sunday, January 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment