Last year after I returned from what I can only call an epiphany that took me to Utah, I woke up in a peaceful state of disorientation. I had been to the mountain top and God did have something to tell me. It was just one word and he uttered is as a stared down on the Wasatch Valley. Write. It wasn’t an answer I needed to question or something that had not been whispered in my ear several times before but this time, I decided that I would not make excuses or think of reasons why I could not write. I would find ways to write and whatever sacrifices had to be made, I would do that.
That morning I decided to quit an incredibly stressful low paying job for a job that paid nothing. Sitting in my home in front of my computer would not generate much if any income but I had to be there if I wanted the Muse to show up and give me the goods. My goal was to finish my novel before 2010 and my resolution for the New Year was to write when and wherever I could. So far I’ve entered a text novel competition, have an entry for an essay contest, entered Lives Lived in contest and have been writing freelance articles (the only part of all my efforts that is bringing in money, but oh well) and have branched out into different genres.
It is February and I am going strong, loving the fact that I have made this commitment to the thing I love and am supposed to do. When I am not working my other job I write. Before work, after work and in-between everything else, I write. It would be safe to say that my life is my work and work (writing) is my life. It may sound odd to some but to be honest, I have never been happier than I am right now. I feel like God has his hand on my shoulder.
The quote of the day, possibly the year is: “The indispensible first step to getting the things you want out of life is this: decide what you want.”
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment